Life / Health
Life insurance is an important part of financial planning that provides a death benefit to the beneficiaries in the event of death. The benefit can be used to pay funeral expenses, replace loss of family income or pay off debts.
There are two types of life insurance: Term and Permanent. Term Life Insurance provides coverage for a set period of time while Permanent provides lifetime protection.
Term Life Insurance
- You can select either Level Term and the benefit will remain level throughout the term or Decreasing Term that will decrease as the term progresses, usually in one year increments. There is also an option for renewing Term Insurance. It usually renews on specified terms such as 20 or 30 year renewable policies.
Permanent or Whole Life Policies
- The death benefit is paid out regardless of when the policyholder dies. In traditional Whole Life policies, also known as Ordinary Life, both the death benefit and the premium are designed to remain at the same level throughout the life of the policy. As the amount paid out increases, it can usually be cashed out as a savings account. Universal or Adjustable Life offers more options such as increasing the death benefit or decreasing the premium payments due to changes in financial situation.
ealth Insurance is becoming increasingly important as health costs are raising. Health Insurance choices are constantly changing and it is always best to discuss with your local agent the types of insurance and your individual needs before selecting a plan.
- The best way to protect your oral health is with Dental Insurance. Dental Insurance typically covers both preventive care and emergency medical dental care.
- Disability Insurance covers an insured person in the event that they are unable to work because of accident or illness. It can replace a portion of your income during the time you are out of work.
Long Term Care
- Long Term Care covers additional care in the event of old age, mental illness or injury. Long Term Care specifically covers the Activities of Daily Living if you are unable to do them.